What is the PTA?
The Watergrass Elementary School PTA is a not-for-profit association of parents and educators have a desire to support the staff, children, and parents of the Watergrass Elementary School and community.
The Mission of PTA
• To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
• To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
• To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purpose of PTA
• To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
• To raise the standards of home life.
• To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
• To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
• To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.